Wednesday

Update on Theo

So I just wanted to give an update as to how Theo is.  He is WONDERFUL!!

  I did want to talk about his potty habits.  He is house trained...to a point.  He used to have accidents every once in a while.  Not really sure why.  Maybe because of his age.  I've had him since he was 4 months old.  I will try and pay more attention as to how long he can really hold it for those of you that don't have the luxury of working from home.  Here he goes out whenever he wants or whenever the pack hears or sees squirrels they want to chase.  

 He doesn't  go in a kennel except to eat.  He is great at this.  All we say is "kennel up" and he goes right in there and lays down.  Yes, he lays down to eat.  Probably because of all the twitching.  Maybe it's just easier for him that way.  He lays and waits very nicely.  Doesn't even bark.  

I will begin to put him in a kennel to see if he potty's in there when we leave.  I have a dog that can't seem to hold it more than 6 hours so we make arrangements with neighbors or Grandpa if we will be longer than that.  Otherwise we've been leaving him and our Weim out together.  They don't cause any damage when we are gone whereas the other one would.

Also if you plan on adopting this cute guy he'll need to sleep wherever you sleep.  He doesn't even mind the hard wood floor.  In fact he prefers it to his nice comfy bed.  He just wants to be close to his humans.  He enjoys following me around whether I am um using the facilities, showering, watching tv, or gardening outside.  He just enjoys company.
Here is TT, as I call him at the dog park in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment