Tuesday

Theo learns about the electric fence today

So, we decided to teach Theo about the electric fence. We just felt that he will have more freedom around the yard and have more fun exploring areas he's not able to get to. He did a great job today. He's also coming along with potty training. I think I've been confusing him by using two or three different doors to go out. We use one door more in the summer and another during winter. I will be more consistent and use just the one door. I think he'll catch on in no time. Most of the accidents are my fault anyway. Our household is pretty busy and chaotic at times. Poor guy.

Let's see, some other things you should know about Theo. First of all he is adorable and sweet as can be. He truly lifts my spirits every morning. I will admit that sometimes it is difficult to not feel bad for him as we snuggle and he "hiccups". He still has the tremors but let me tell you, he doesn't let that stop him one bit. He plays with my 60lb. Weim, and 50lb Catahoula. He plays just as rough as they do. He loves the dog park and has even been sticking closer to the pack. I love taking him for walks too. He is great on a leash. He doesn't pull at all. Theo is even getting used to the cats and will leave them alone. He likes to smell where Pumpkin has been when he comes in from outside. Pumpkin only tolerates for a little bit then runs off. I can't believe he is 6.5 months old. I weighed him last night- 31lbs. He's on the thin side so I'm going to up his kibble a bit. Oh I almost forgot to mention that he's crate trained and knows sit. As soon as he sees a treat he will sit nicely without even being asked. What a sweet boy! He's always so happy too. Well, that's all for now. He'll be here snuggling and having fun until his forever family comes for him.

Thanks for thinking rescue.

Mrs. FF

No comments:

Post a Comment